[MacDV] iTunes 4 & The iTunes Music Store

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Tue Apr 29 22:59:33 PDT 2003

On 4/29/03 8:48 PM, "Ian Tucker" <carlian at picknowl.com.au> wrote:

> Is there anyway I can save Quicktime movies from web sites please?

That depends on how the QuickTime movie was saved by the author.  In this
case, no.  With QuickTime compression/authoring programs it is possible to
set a flag in the QuickTime file to not let it be downloaded, and this puts
the power in the media author's hands, where it should be.  It used to be
possible to use an older version of Netscape (4.x) and search for the files
in it's cache folder -- but now QuickTime movies can even be told not to
cache themselves.  But now that I think of it, I'm not sure if that applies
to the older Netscape browsers as well...  Hmmm... Something to try anyway?

- Mark