[MacDV] Re: MAC OS X Panther?

Matthew Guemple mo.og at verizon.net
Wed Apr 30 09:42:53 PDT 2003

Chas:
Thanks
> Check MacOSXHints.com ... somwhere they have a list of the extensions
> you can safely turn off in Classic because OS X is already doing the
> job. The list is HUGE and your Classic startup time will drop to
> around 15-20 seconds if you do it. For me, Classic is so solid and
> stable that I leave it on in the background (it goes to "sleep" if not
> used) all the time.
Thanks. I'll check the hints.com thingy... cause it's always a problem
and takes forever...

> It doesn't? That's odd, it does on mine. I'll have to go look and see
> if it's an extension (as in system) or Xtension (as in Quark) that
> does that, but I'm definitely going direct from Quark to PDF via
> Distiller by simply choosing "Create Adobe PDF" from the print
> dialogue.
Are you printing via Distiller 5? Strange... That would make my life
much simpler...
> That's a product I will have to look at again someday.
its not bad. and you can preview text in whatever font you are thinking
of using... great for logos titles type thing..
Let me know about the pdf thing.
thanks agian
Matthew Guemple
Art Director/03
mo.og at verizon.net
646.734.6601
www.gridd.com
http://www.creativehotlist.com/
index.asp?linkTarget=fullProfile.asp&indID=19599