Don't stare at the sun!

David Cole themixguy at mac.com
Thu Aug 7 10:21:42 PDT 2003

My mother always told me...

But does it apply to Mini DV cameras too? I recently downloaded some
software to perform time lapse (the freeware DV TimeLapse... very cool)
and would like to take some sunset shots. But I'm concerned about
leaving the camera trained on the setting sun. I know older tube
cameras would suffer from being aimed at high intensity light sources
for a period of time, is the same true for chip cameras? Isn't it akin
to training a magnifying glass on a dry leaf?

-DC