iDVD3 quality issues

sb videovideo at mac.com
Fri Aug 8 09:45:07 PDT 2003

The workflow would be:

Capture everything,
edit rough cut
Use Media Manager to clear off unused media from the HD

Capture additional material

Either MM to clear off more HD space or

Finish Editing,

In FCP-4, use Export to QuickTime (not QuickTime Conversion)
(In FCP-3 use Export to Final Cut Pro movie)
Make sure the settings are DV-NTSC 48kHz (assuming you're Sequence Settings
are set to DV-NTSC 48)

Export FCP ref movie or self contained (no compression-decompression is
added)

Drag or import the FCP movie into iDVD3

As for the Bob LeVitus book, was he referring to an iMovie project?
Because iMovie works with DV Stream and that would make sense.

FCP works with DV codec and I have read several posts from FCP gurus that
all say exporting using the FCP ref movie is exactly the same as the movie
within FCP. It simply copies the file.

(gurus Philip Hodgetts, Adam Wilt, Tom Wolsky)

 sb