can't open file in FCP 3

Jerry Axley jerry at jeannieswalkonthebeach.com
Sun Aug 17 15:58:42 PDT 2003

Hi mac digi list:

I posted this on 2-pop - maybe someone here might have some suggestions as
well??

2-pop:

I feel like I am in big trouble here: I am on a g4 sawtooth, OS 9.2, 704megs
RAM and am running FCP3. The last time that I had the program opened I was
in my main file, a movie file with 15 sequences but only had one open - my
main movie sequence that is approximately 2 hours 54 minutes long. this
morning I went to open this file in FCP and it starts to open, says
"preparing video for display" works, works, works to open it and then FCP
shuts down and a message comes up on the desktop that says "an error of type
2 has occurred ... restart computer". I know that a type 2 error is a memory
errors so I started allocating memory to FCP and am up to 2000000k. Still no
luck. I have defragged my startup drive and the 60 gig drive where I have
FCP 3 running from. I also have reset PRAM (zapped) ... still, no luck. I
cannot open my main feature "film" file that I've worked on now for a year
and half editing ... Please help!!!!

Thanks,

Jerry