iMovie 3 and bad-quality JPEGs in final result

RichGB rgb at ellerbach.com
Sat Dec 13 12:55:19 PST 2003

On [2003-Dec-13]  Randy Clark <hawkgx at planetkc.com> wrote:
> Update on my low-quality JPEGs dilemma:  the DVD produced from the iMovie
> 3.03 to iDVD 3.01 workflow looks pretty bad when watching it on TV as well.
> We were hoping it was just when viewing it on the computer that the quality
> looked poor.  It's noticeably bad on TV.  Some relatives that saw it (and
> didn't know about our concerns) made comments about the quality when the
> stills appear outside the transitions.
>
> Still searching for answers...

Well if it looks bad on the TV then nothing I know you can do in iM that is
going to make any difference at this stage.

Di d yo bring the pictures in via iPhoto? If not give it a try, some people
report more success this way.

I've used Photo-to-Movie in the past with good results and they have
ImageSurfer which may be useful to you (http://lqgraphics.com)

Rich