[MacDV] Re: FCE/DVDSP & Dolby Digital Audio?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sun Dec 28 19:12:47 PST 2003

>You want your audio at 48k.
> after you do the Mpeg encoding the audio will be a separate file.

Ah...  OK, then the solution that I finally found after much searching was probably overkill.  I exported separate audio and video streams from FCE, then used Bias Peak Express to split the audio into left and right tracks which I then encoded into a single file using A.Pack.

>Drop this file on the drop spaces in APack and do some tinkering , like limiting the bandwidth of the sub and changing phase on the rears with a lower level. Works good.
>Simpler than it looks.

Simpler than it looks, but I must confess that it's more complex than I expected.

			Zane