iMovie and Movie Maestro

Shirley Kehr ShirleyKat at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 2 16:06:02 PST 2003

I specifically didn't use a version number because I never tried this
with iMovie 2. However, I'm working with iMovie 3. I got Movie Maestro
only a short while ago and had only used it with short demo movies. I
always saved the movie and the sound track.

Today I wanted to save just the sound track so I could balance some
places with sound effects. Movie Maestro has a specific procedure for
saving the sound track directly into your iMovie (which you leave open).
I did this several times and each time, the smart sound track ended up
in my 26-minute vacation movie (which was finished before I got Movie Maestro).

I finally just put the track in iTunes. iMovie 3 doesn't even recognize
iTunes. It's grayed out. (I updated everything from the iLife DVD and
played some music in iTunes to make sure it was working OK.)

So I just had to import the sound track directly into iMovie. iMovie
didn't like me saving it in the media folder. It complained and only
gave me the option to delete it or ignore it. Sigh

Shirley