Samsung miniDV

Kevin Ledgister kledgister at mac.com
Sun Feb 2 18:56:21 PST 2003

My recommendation is to stay away from Samsung DV cameras because they
don't work with OS X and iMovie 2 (don't know about iMovie 3 but I
doubt it).

I had purchased a Samsung in December and the only way that iMovie
would recognize it was to boot in OS 9 and capture the clips which for
me, was not acceptable.

There are others in the Apple>Support>Discussions>iMovie forums who
have documented their own problems with it.

The camera itself wasn't too bad - the one I had purchased has 22X
optical zoom for $299 which is an amazing price point.

Some have tried third party utilities and OS X to capture raw video and
then import it into iMovie - I didn't have success with a couple of
them.

Rather than monkey around, print out Apple's compatibility list and
invest in a camera on the list.  You'll save yourself some headaches.