Edit iM3 file in iM2

Kevin Ledgister kledgister at mac.com
Thu Feb 6 14:09:30 PST 2003

 Like so many, I couldn't wait for iMovie 3 (I was the first to post the
download availability to this list) but had to move back to iMovie 2 because
of performance issues (don't bother trying to address those, I already ran
macjanitor, etc. ad nauseum).

However, I opened up an iMovie2 file in iMovie 3 and adjusted the sound in a
couple spots and now that I went back to iMovie 2, it won't open up.

I went into the project file using TextEdit and changed the external setting
to 2.0 instead of 3.0 (which is what iMovie 2 uses) but then it lost the
application association.  I then ran a tiny utility I found that restored
the iMovie 2 association, but it still won't play.

Does anyone have any ideas???

Kevin Ledgister