Possible list changes

Scott M. Tolbert passthehatnews at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 7 07:39:51 PST 2003

> A mailing list is a kind of community, and works best when all have
> opportunity (whether they take it or not) to contribute.

I sent the following to the list mom, I would welcome comments:

First of all, I would like to thank you for your valuable contribution to
the Mac community. I have a suggestion about the MacDV list. Recently it is
overflowing with OT personal messages, OS9 bashing and messages about iLife
(which includes the consumer level programs iDVD and iMovie).

I was wondering if it would be prudent to create a MacProDV list like the
ProAudio list. I subscribe to the latter and it is usually on topic and
helpful for people using ProAudio solutions on the Mac. The dividing line
could be the use of Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Avid systems, and DVD Studio
Pro vrs the Consumer Apps of iLife. The reason for this suggestion is, quite
frankly, that I don't have the time to go through the chaff of the list to
gather the kernels of worthy info. I don't wish to unsubscribe but I am
considering it. Thank you for your time and consideration.

--

 Sincerely,

    Scott M. Tolbert

    passthehat at pobox.com