List Suggestions

David Thrasher idave at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 7 10:31:31 PST 2003

I've noticed a few people get upset about having trouble unsubscribing.
After you've been on a list for awhile you tend to forget where you went
to get started, so may I make this suggestion to smooth things out for
everyone:

Put the unsubscribe instructions at the end of messages that appear. I
think that without them it isn't so obvious how to do it. We seem to
have plenty of people to keep the list going, so making it easier for
those who don't want to continue shouldn't affect the quality of the list.

Also it wouldn't hurt to remind everyone every once in awhile to trim
their quotations of previous messages (in a nice way of course) to keep
things more manageable.

What would be great would be if the list software could recognize
subjects that said "unsubscribe" or "unsubscribe me" and automatically
take care of the chore and at the same time leaving that particular
message off the list, but I don't know what is possible.

I've been really enjoying this list and have gotten a lot out of it.
There are of course topics I'm not interested in, but I can skip those.
I've found the Digest form the best way so far to look at the list
because of the quantity of messages.

-Dave