Super VCDs

David Thrasher idave at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 8 08:44:55 PST 2003

This may or may have not been discussed already but does anyone know if
there's anything available to make a Super Video CD on a Mac? I'd like
to find a way. I'm currently using Mac OS 9.22 most of the time and I
also have OS 10.1.5 installed (can't swing Jaguar yet). Toast with make
1.0 Video CDs which uses MPEG-1 and looks a little bit worse than a VHS
videotape recorded in the 6 hour (EP) mode. I've check Roxio's website
and I've checked the vcdhelp website (http://www.vcdhelp.com) but I find
no Mac instructions for the Super Video CD format (VCD version 2.0).
Although you can't put as much on each CD, the quality is close to DVD
quality (sorry, can't afford to do DVDs at this time either) since it
uses MPEG-2 files too. Any instructions or links would be appreciated.
Thanks!

-Dave