[MacDV] Damaged miniDV tapes

Ron gMedia.DV at verizon.net
Tue Feb 11 15:02:03 PST 2003

You may not have damaged tapes. You may have a problem with the camera or
deck. Do you switch tape brands or stay with one? Have you tried cleaning
the heads?

I personally would not store my tapes in a plastic bag without a desiccant
or evacuating the bag because of condensation that can occur inside the bag.
If the tapes actually are bad, you may have caused it. I have tapes that are
about 9 years old and have no problem. I store them in a dark, cool and dry
place. It's probably time for me to clone them to a new tape though.

Good Luck!
Ron--