Mobile Setup

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Mon Feb 17 06:10:26 PST 2003

Whether you can capture straight to the external HD depends, in part,
on what camcorder you are using. At least some "older" Canon cameras
can't be captured to a FireWire drive (something wierd about they way
they implement FireWire that interferes with other FireWire devices,
AFAIK). My ZR-40 is an example of that (it was a "new" Canon camera
less than a year ago). The iMovie Help mentions this problem (I'm
pretty sure this is not an iMovie issue, or Apple would have fixed it
by now).

--Gordon

--
Gordon Alley  <*>