[MacDV] Snow Movie

Daniel Beck danielbeck at mac.com
Fri Feb 21 18:45:13 PST 2003

Hey Richard,

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 11:06 PM, Richard wrote:

> The Big Maryland/DC Snow of 2003
> St Valentine's Weekend Movie 6.8 MB
>
> http://xroadz.com/Pages/Snow2003.html
>
> Assembled with Final Cut Pro, GoLive, and Digital Performer on a Mac
>
> I'm working on part two today.

Thanks for sharing that. It'd be nice if more people would share some
of the "sketch" projects here. When I get some time, I'll try to put up
one. You mentioned Digital Performer. Does that mean you composed the
music yourself?

Anyway, I take it you're open to comments. Don't take these to heart.
They are just some of my ideas for improvement.

1. Use a tripod more often.

2. Shorter is better. Some of the clips were a bit long. The general
rule is give us enough to "get it", but not much more. I would point to
the opening clip in your first movie. It seems to drag, and you could
loose the interest of your audience before you get them hooked. The
scene where the snowplow is being uncovered seems a bit long too.

That said, it's interesting to see what goes on in the lives of the
members of this group. Have you read anything by Michael Rubin? He has
some good stuff about video sketches in Beginner's Final Cut Pro and
The Little Digital Video Book.

Looking forward to seeing more,
Daniel
Daniel Beck