[MacDV] Re: iDVD3 w/ external drive... Anybody try this?

Craig Busch clbusch at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 21 23:42:39 PST 2003

Hi,
I am very interested in hearing from someone using this.  My understanding is that with
this patch you can open iDVD3 on a G3 or G4 Mac, set up your DVD, encode your video to
MPEG2, and have the "whatever it is called file" all ready, so you could put it on an
external firewire drive and then bring it into any Mac with a SuperDrive and iDVD3 and
burn your disk?

Or can the "whatever it is called file" be used with Toast to burn on any external
firewire DVD burner?

Thanks for any explaining or help on this.  As you can tell I have not made any DVDs yet.

Craig