Camcorder Battery Problem

Phil A. Lefebvre p-lefebvre at northwestern.edu
Wed Feb 26 04:57:40 PST 2003

A awhile back I dropped my Sony TRV-103 Digital 8 camcorder. Didn't
think much of it as it seemed to work just fine. I did notice that my
batteries were dying rather quickly, but I figured they were just too
old (3 years old to be exact). Well, I bought a new one and that one
dies prematurely too. (after 30 minutes, even though it is rated for
240 minutes.) When I take it out and put it back in, the battery
isn't dead, as the camcorder reports it still has 200 minutes of
life. Regardless of how much life the battery has, the camcorder
seems to stop being able to get juice from it after about 30 minutes.
Has anyone seen this before?