[MacDV] Re: Pioneer DVR-105 for $170

Paul Russell prussell at sonic.net
Wed Jan 1 14:19:19 PST 2003

>  > >OfficeMax retail stores have the Cendyne (Pioneer DVR-105) DVD
>Recorder for
>>  >$169.95 after rebates. Regularly $269.95 - $50 instant discount -
>$50
>>  >Cendyne mail-in rebate.
>
>OK, just let me get this straight -
>
>The Cendyne product has a Pioneer DVR-105 as it's guts, right? A
>*real* Pioneer DVR-105, not just a knock-off? Where can I find this
>info?
>
>Even though the packaging says it's PC only, it can be used in any
>configuration suitable to a Mac, either internally in a tower or
>mounted in, say, a firewire case for a TiG4 (with DVDSP)?

Yep, I just bought one, plugged it straight into my Sawtooth AGP G4
using the cables that normally connect to the CD/DVD, and it works. I
didn't even need to change any jumpers or do anything fancy.

I think I need some allen keys before I can install it properly
though (it's just hanging out the side of the case for now).

Paul