DVR-105 for $170

hawkgx at planetkc.com hawkgx at planetkc.com
Tue Jan 7 09:38:01 PST 2003

I think this may have been covered before but can't remember the answer:

I've tried to snag the Office Max deal on the Cendyne (DVR-105) here in
Kansas City,
but to no avail. One of the stores says it has the alternate model listed
in the sales
flyer (DVR-104???).

I've already ordered the Cendyne DVR-105 thru MicroCenter Online ($200
after
rebate) but now they're telling me it's back ordered. I'm afraid I'll get
"back-ordered"
until the 30-day limit expires, then they'll cancel my order and I'll be
out of luck getting
a good deal on this model.

Did someone say they thought the DVR-104 model would still be a good deal
(even
at $200)??? I'm half tempted to cancel the MicroCenter order and try to
pick up the
DVR-104 from Office  Max.  As I understand it, the DVR-104 is just a 2x
speed
version, whereas the 105 is a 4x model.

I have an 500mhz G3 iMac DV SE running 10.2.3.  Could I still burn DVDs
using the
DVR-104 in an external firewire enclosure (using DVD Studio Pro 1.5)?

Knock on wood, maybe the iDVD 2 update will support the external 104 or 105
models!!!