iDVD encoding questions

L.Cornelio cornelio at san.rr.com
Thu Jan 16 15:52:22 PST 2003

i am wodering if someone can speak to the encoding / compression  options
on iDVD -

I havent tried it, I assume there is only a single quality mpeg2 encode.

I am told that windows Pinnacle Studio Version 8.3 will automaticcaly
adjust compression based on the length of the movie to fit / take up  a
single DVD, so for example a 60 min film gets less compression than 90
min to fit on same space.

So that makes me wonder if the 'default' for iDVD is for 90 min worth of
compression no matter what length film you choose. Does this make sense?
Does it matter? Am I wrong about compression variables? What MAC product
allows variables in the encode esp. amount of compression. What if i
wanted to burn a 100 min DVD - cant use iDVD so what is recommended?
Sorry fpr the newbie questions, looking forward to new emac in my
classroom. And I had to fight for it - the school is 90% windows!