[MacDV] SmallDog.com

Danny Grizzle danny at mogulhost.com
Wed Jan 29 15:24:57 PST 2003

On 1/29/03 4:00 PM, "KathyMac!" <Mac4Music at MusiCareOnline.org> wrote:

> I really like SmallDog. Nice website and great prices.

I, too, have done a lot of business with SmallDog over the years. My track
record with refurbs is not unblemished. One machine was simply a lemon, and
was never reliable. In recent years, I think refurbs have lost most of their
price advantage over simply buying new factory firsts.

The problem with SmallDog is their use of e-mail as a bully pulpit. I can
tolerate a fair amount of off-topic deviation, but on occasion the SmallDog
e-mail newsletter (written by the owner) goes entirely off the deep end with
intolerance, brutalizing divergent opinions and slandering anyone perceived
politically as relatively conservative, such as Senator Edward Kennedy.

Danny Grizzle