The 20inch LCD Conspiracy

KathyMac! Mac4Music at MusiCareOnline.org
Fri Jan 31 01:36:30 PST 2003

Macintosh Digital Video List1/31/03 2:17 AMMacDV at lists.themacintoshguy.com

> Apple's made it no secret that as far as it is concerned, OS 9 is dead.
> Yet people keep finding all these "sneaky" things they're doing to
> "trick" poor little OS 9 users to switch to OS X.

So what do you call advertising and marketing a 20 inch LCD that boldly
proclaims it REQUIRES Jaguar, yet as we have all discovered truly does run
in OS9 just fine? A little "friendly persuasion" to finally buy one of the
OSX machines? Cleverly crafted manipulation? A partial truth? Whatever you
want to call it there's no escaping this fact: It was misleading. Period.

> Switch or don't switch - Apple probably won't care.  But expecting
> Apple to keep sitting on the fence just because some others do is
> pointless.

Who asked Apple to sit on the fence? What does that have to do with the
legitimate complaint that the information released to the public is not 100%
accurate?

OSX is the wave of the future. We'll all be there eventually. No one is
faulting Apple for being brilliant, creative, and always on the cutting
edge. However, if you're going to make a display that is OSX only, then make
it so. And if you're going to make one that runs on both systems don't lie
about it and lead people to believe they can't have one unless they run OSX!

Yes - that's a wee bit shady.

Kathy