[MacDV] Re: iLife intro/primer

Jim Heid jim at heidsite.com
Fri Jan 31 19:37:00 PST 2003

> From: Steven Rogers <srogers1 at austin.rr.com>
>

> On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 07:22 PM, Jim Heid wrote:
>
>> And to avoid this bring a completely self-promoting email, here's an
>> iMovie 3 tip: To import a QuickTime movie, you no longer have to use
>> QT Pro to save the movie as a DV stream first. Just drag and drop the
>> movie into iMovie 3.
>
> That is awesome!  There's about a zillion hours saved.
>
> One thing that's been driving me nuts Jim - I saw you do a little trick
> with iPhoto on TechTV where the photo window showed "film roll" icons
> with the little triangles next to them for viewing the content of each
> roll - how the heck do you get that view?

In iPhoto 1.1.1, click the Film Rolls box near the lower right corner.

In iPhoto 2, choose Film Rolls from the View menu.

And remember to Option-click the triangle when you want to close and open
*all* rolls -- very handy!

- Jim

--
Jim Heid
Author/Host, "The Macintosh iLife" book/DVD

Master iLife and more! Attend iDay 2003: Palo Alto, February 8
http://www.iday2003.com/