[MacDV] Re: iMovie 3 Bugs

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Fri Jan 31 21:56:07 PST 2003

On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 11:15 PM, Thubten Kunga wrote:

> 3.0.1 from the System Updater. It's a persistent bug and sometimes I
> have to reboot the Cube. It's USB audio out a Griffin iMic. Have never
> had this sort of problem with any other app but for occasionally from
> iTunes. But nothing like this frequently.

Yeah, its already crashed on me the first time I played around with it
while looking at the "Ken Burns" effect. It seems to be less stable
than the last revision of iMovie 2. Some things I noticed right away
that aren't bugs per-se, but are annoying:

  - there doesn't seem to be a way to change what columns from iTunes
are displayed in the music panel. It would be nice to show the genre
here.

- the contents of the iTunes libraries pull-down gets hosed if its too
long and you pick items further down the list.

- there's no way to change the size of the movie preview window. I'd
think this would be more of an issue for people with slower machines
who would like to have a big iMovie window for the timeline and clip
window, but minimize CPU load by having a small movie window

Some  good things I noticed:

  - the clip window seems much more well behaved as to leaving clips
where you put them, and actually enlarging the clip space when you put
clips on the bottom row.

  - the little scrubber pointers are there all the time, rather than
having to go through clicking and dragging contortions to make them
appear.

  - the "edit volume" feature is great

- the "zoom" slider is better than the old pull-down

SR