OT Apple Ads

William Hofius wjh at mac.com
Sat Jul 19 16:56:55 PDT 2003

On Saturday, July 19, 2003, at 02:28  PM, Macintosh Digital Video List
wrote:

> Distinctive Mac features like speech recognition and the iLife concept
> would make great ad fodder. It would be *easy* to make ads that show
> people what the Mac does, and why it is distinctive. Ads like that
> don't get made for Apple for the same reason they don't get made for
> lots of other companies. The advertising world doesn't believe in that
> kind of ad. The days of "Rich Corinthian Leather" are replaced by cars
> zooming down roads at supersonic speeds, or perhaps dodging tornadoes,
> or driving wildly through empty streets.

Now that I think about it, Apple did do this a couple of times.
Remember the guy who requests a "middle row" seat on a flight? He sets
up his iBook to edit a movie of his girlfriend and dog in flight. Then
there was the ad of the new dad taking picture of his child's birth. He
sits down in the hospital cafeteria and uses iPhoto to make a little
slideshow which he then shows his newborn baby.

Apple should do more of this. It could easily be done with the iTMS.
And the G5.