[MacDV] DVD-VHS combo

Frank Farwell frankfarwell at mac.com
Sun Jul 20 06:16:48 PDT 2003

On Saturday, July 19, 2003, at 07:50 PM, Steve Kerney wrote:

> I just bought a low cost DVD-VHS combo unit.  I was hoping I could
> copy my
> burned DVDs to VHS "internally" (e.g., without jumpering DVD AV out to
> VHS
> AV in.  This unit will not do this and, according to Funai Corp, this
> is by
> design.  If anyone knows of a entry level DVD-VHS combo unit that will
> do
> this, please let me know.  Thanks.
>
> Steve

AS far as all models none do, it would make it too easy for people to
potentially copy illegal copies of commercial DVD movies of course
since their copy protected this give them double protection in case
someone defeats the copy protection. Of course it then defeats
legitimate copies of your own DVDs.
The way to do it won't cost you an new player (unless you don't have
one) just run your DVD video outs (composite or component as
appropriate) to the same on your VHS player-recorder.  You can then
monitor the progress on your TV with the appropriate leads to it.

ff Frank Farwell