[MacDV] Re: Toast 6 and iDVD

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Sun Jul 20 18:11:46 PDT 2003

Depends, if your computer has a internal Superdrive then you can if you
have an external DVD-R burner then you won't.  The reason is that you
cannot use iDVD unless you have the internal Superdrive which according
to Apple is a MPEG2 licensing issue, in my opinion the licensing fee
could be collected through a plug-in that needs to be purchased in
order to activate iDVD when the internal Superdrive is not present
(much like they do with QT MPEG2 plug-in).  I have a internal
Superdrive so this issue does not affect me but it rubs me the wrong
way that people with G4 iMacs, eMacs, notebooks and Cubes don't have a
reasonable upgrade path.

Gerhard Kuhn
suspice at hay.net