[MacDV] The quality of 8MM film

Paul Williams mulder at fred.net
Wed Jul 23 10:55:04 PDT 2003

The film itself is in very good condition. What is it comparable to?
Hmmm, don't know ... its standard 8mm film shot 30 to 45 years ago.

I want to get this film digitized and imported into a version of
Final Cut, edited, then put into DVD format.

A huge project, i know, but as a first step, i'm trying to figure the
best way to get the best possible digital image to work with.

Paul