[MacDV] Re: New to list - suggestions invited, please!

Jeremy Kezer jeremykezer at mac.com
Mon Jul 28 12:34:05 PDT 2003

>I'm unaware of any $30 DVD-R disc--whether authoring *or* general.
>Authoring discs cost about $6 a pop these days.  General discs
>(depending on brand, source) cost between $0.50 to $3.00 each.
>
>Circuit City's site listed no discs anywhere near $30.00 each.
>
>Perhaps the original poster was referring to a spindle of discs
>rather than a single disc.

If you look hard you can usually find them, in large quanities, for
$1/disk or so (typically 1x; 2x and 4x are more expensive).  One
place to start looking for inexpensive media is DealMac
<http://www.dealmac.com/>.  For example, today they had a link to
"no-name" DVD-R media that was $114 for 100 disks with cases.

Jeremy