[MacDV] Re: [Off-topic] What is the learning curve for Commotion Pro and Lightwave?

Jim Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue Jun 3 18:44:10 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 09:31  PM, Matthew Guemple wrote:

> More please... I've just started learning AE, and I've not found it
> that steep, considering I have not done the tutorial or anything. the
> basics seem pretty basic. The same with Flash. My understanding is
> that  there are many levels to all of these things... like power
> scripts for  flash... and that's where the steep comes in.
>
> I think the real problem the OT is facing, is not the software, but
> the  drawing.
>
> This example is listed as AE and Combustion... when I look at it I
> think... yeah it would be a challenge but I could do all this in AE I
> think... where does the Combustion come in?
> http://www.teeveeg.com/project/commercial/jaccs/index.html
>
> Jim?

You are right . I don't think any of it is really drawing. And I don't
do well with AE or combustion either. Who has time. Lightwave I know
annd I don't have time for that either. I cheated my last LW project
with FCP keyframing effects and lightwave  flares and objects.
Now modeling, that is hard.
Jim