[MacDV] Re: new hard drives

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Tue Jun 3 20:33:52 PDT 2003

Jeff,
You should be able to get Western Digital to send you new bridges to
fix those that broke. They have 3 year warranties don't they? ADS gave
me a FREE upgrade to old pre-Oxford 911 bridges. No sense in letting
those enclosures go to waste.

BTW you now want Oxford 922 NOT 911 any more. Those are the ones that
can see and treat BIG HDs correctly. I had to initialize my new Maxtor
200 GB drive in my dual 867 MDD and then put it in the Oxford 911 case
for all of it to show up. Not too handy. The Oxford 922 will let you
initialize the BIG drives on any old Mac and see them all big. It's
like a ATA/133 card in the FW box. Good for older Macs easily seeing
bigger drives outside.

BobLL,
It really is quite easy to install. Apple and other sites have the
instructions on their sites with photographs. I can't tell by this copy
where you are trying to put it in what model. If you reply with the
details of what you are removing and where you want to put he 105, I
will find the instructions for you.