Thanks from the guy with the DV camcorder without firewire

Gary Fujihara fujihara at subaru.naoj.org
Wed Jun 4 22:18:52 PDT 2003

Susan, Erica, Frank, Frank, Jim, Derek, Mark, Kevin, Bill, Daniel, Dmytro
and Kunga,

   Mahalo (thanks) for the responses.  I just joined this DV list and
appreciate all the helpful advice I received.

   Here is the deal:  My wife tells me that it is a Sharp model VLPD-7, and
there is a data port on it - a USB port.  The camera also comes with some
Windows video capture software.  Does anyone know what my options are now (I
know, I know...upgrade to a newer camcorder...unless I want to spend endless
hours uploading at 12 Mb/s transfer rates)?  Anyone want a used DV
camcorder?  :)

> Susan Tomanek:
> p.s. So you're the guy I see at night when I look at Mauna Kea from the
> Kohala Coast.

   Yea Susan, that would be me...

> Erica Sadun:
> My husband says that you all have the best optical telescope conditions
> in the Northern Hemisphere over there at Mauna Kea.
>
> He says he's jealous and wishes he'd get a chance to observe...

   Your husband is right.  If you and your husband, or anyone else is in
Hilo, feel free to look me up and I can certainly give you a personal guided
tour of our 8.2m Subaru Telescope ('course, that comes with me picking your
brain about DV production)...

Best Regards
Gary Fujihara
--