S-VCD Refresher course needed

David Thrasher idave at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 8 09:13:12 PDT 2003

Just to see if it might work, I tried the instructions from Mac Addict
Magazine in my present Mac OS 10.1.5 and other than me making a few
missteps along the way and having to go back and redo some things, it
worked! I did run into one thing though: In my finished SVCD the image
is squashed into letterbox format with my DVD player thinking it is a
16x9 movie. I checked MissingMpegTools and the checkbox is set to 4:3. I
wonder if using the 1:1 aspect ratio radio button would solve the
problem. I'm going to try it and report back unless someone else already
knows about it.

-Dave