[MacDV] Academic $249 DVDSP 1.5 to 2.0 Update for $30 More

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Thu Jun 19 14:42:21 PDT 2003

Well here I go again. Do any of you see a compelling reason to spend
the extra $30 to get DVDSP 1.5 now for $249 and 2.0 Upgrade for $30
more vs. just waiting and getting DVDSP 2.0 only in August for $249?
1.5 still works with 9.2.2 and OS X while 2.0 only works with OS X. Any
other reasons to get both for the extra $30? Are the extras in 1.5
(Corel Photo-Paint, FreePlay Music, Subtitle Editor etc) which may not
be in version 2.0 worth the $30 tax for both? Is it too soon to ask
this question? I don't want to wait until the last week before August
15th to make this decision like I did with FCP.

This is a different situation since the academic price of 2.0 alone
will also be $249 and not higher. So this time the issue is about
spending a little more for both. Any thoughts?

"iPod Car Stereo AUX-In Accessory Beats FM Transmitters Hands Down"
<http://www.ipod-zone.com>
"iChatStatus Adds iTunes Song Playing To Your Buddy ID "
<http://www.osx-zone.com>
"T-Minus 1 Week And Counting" <http://www.apple-zone.com>