OT: G4 that boot into Mac OS 9 ?

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Jun 26 00:29:29 PDT 2003

> From: Sean <spenney at stemnet.ca>
> Subject: [MacDV] OT: G4 that boot into Mac OS 9 ?
>
> I thought Mac OS 9 was on the endangered species list. I thought no new
> Macs (except eMacs) would boot into OS 9, but would run the Classic
> environment.
>
> Is Apple giving OS 9 a stay of execution by offering G4 Towers that
> boot
> into 9 ?

It's a very nice, but final, gesture to OS 9 lovers by Apple.

No machine that has FW 800 is going to boot OS 9. Thus, as that and
other technologies (like USB 2.0, hypertransport, DDR 400 RAM etc)
spread through the product line, OS 9 booting will disappear for good.
I feel sure it will be ALL gone by this time next year.

_Chas_

TIME: The people at Listen.com say downloading isn't the most popular
feature on their music service, Rhapsody. What's your  response?

JOBS: Well, that's correct. Downloading sucks on their service! You
download a  track and you can't burn it to a CD without paying them
more money -- you can't  put it on your MP3 player, you can't put it on
multiple computers -- it sucks! So of course nobody downloads! You pay
extra to download even on top of subscription fees. No wonder they have
hardly any download traffic -- they hardly even have any subscribers!