FCP 1 or 2 (a working Solution for me)

sb videovideo at mac.com
Tue Mar 4 08:54:24 PST 2003

Hans, you didn't need to go to resedit.

all you need to do is to move the OS9 version of FCP 1 or 2 (after it's been
run once) into your new computers OS9 apps folder. Then copy the FCP prefs
into your OS 9 (Classic) system prefs folder on your new computer.
Last step is to start up Classic on the new computer and then put in the
upgrade CD. It will look at the Classic system prefs, see a valid serialized
version of FCP and then continue with the install.

This is the same as connecting the two computers via target disk mode, or
transferring the files onto a firewire drive and connecting to your new
machine.

Any way you can move the FCP 1 or 2 onto your new machine or connect an
external that has the files on it, will work.

Now, if you had an illegal system id from warez, that might be different.
There are at least 3 different series of serial numbers for FCP 3 and you
have to have the correct series for your particular upgrade CD.

sb