[MacDV] Re: Updating iMovie 3.0.1. to 3.0.2

Fabian Ius Fabian_Ius at edu.yorku.ca
Sun Mar 9 08:12:06 PST 2003

>You probably need to move the iMovie 3 app into the root level of the
>"Applications" folder and make sure it's named "iMovie".

I agree with Mark.  That is what I had to do in order for the upgrade to recognize my iMovie3 app.  Curiously, after the upgrade, the app still showed version 3.0.1.  I had to restart in order for Jaguar to see it as 3.0.2., as well as 3rd party plug-ins
to work properly.

More curiously, before I upgraded to 3.0.2, I ran Software Update, and iMovie3.0.2 did not show up.  I think that was because I had renamed the app "iMovie3".

Anway, I installed the most recent "Security Update" as well as "iCal".

Prior to these 2 upgrades, Jaguar (10.2.4), and iMovie2 and iMovie3 would not recognize any of my 3 cameras.  Apple System Profiler would read...
FireWire Information:  No FireWire devices found.

After these 2 upgrades, my TRV900 was finally recognized in ASP.  I was finally able to have my camcorder "connected" in both versions of iMovie.  I then ran the iMovie upgrader and now I occassionally have the camera "connected".  iMovie3.0.2 still has
audio stutter.

I'm running...
G3 Powerbook
333 MHz
512 RAM
VST Firewire Cardbus Card

I just ordered a SmartDisk Firewire Cardbus Card because it has 3, 6pin ports and includes power connector for robust bus-powering of FireWire devices (superior to cards offering only 4-pin "non-powered" ports).  I hope this is the solution, otherwise I
may have to buy a newer computer.