cheap DVD burners...

Nicolas Kinnan nasw at pcmagic.net
Tue Mar 11 04:46:28 PST 2003

Howdy,

It appears that a company called "Office Max" has Cendyne DVD writers
of unspecified model number on sale for $169.99 after rebates.

Has anybody installed one of these Cendyne units on a Mac, esp. a G4
tower and had success with it?  Is this, in fact, a good deal?

It would seem that the Sony DRU-500ax is the hot ticket right now, but
I am finding conflicting data regarding Mac OS compatibility with
it...Anyone using one of these?

I'm presently using a G4/533DP and am eager to try archiving some stuff
on DVD.  I have little idea as to where I should start, so any advice
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex