[MacDV] Re: Preparing movie to burn DVD in Toast

Erica Sadun erica at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 11 13:03:42 PST 2003

>On Tuesday, March 11, 2003, at 01:16  AM, Christopher SJ Ong wrote:
>
>>I have some content that is over 90 minutes long that I want to
>>burn onto DVD. I can't do it in iDVD because of the 90 minute
>>limit. I read that I can burn up to two hours on a single-movie DVD
>>in Roxio Toast, but I need to use some other application to prepare
>>the 'Video_TS' file containing the content.
>>
>>What application should I use?
>>
>>The content was edited in iMovie.
>>

>For simplicty's sake I reccomend making 2 iDVD's and skipping the frustration.
>Jim

Agreed, unless you have access to a D/A converter and can
borrow someone's set-top DVD recorder (like the Panasonic,
Pioneer, etc lines).

Anyway, to respond directly to Mr. Ong:

1. You can use DVD Studio Pro to prepare the content and burn
    with toast. (Most DVD players want to see an empty Audio_TS
    folder too)
2. You can make two iDVDs like Jim suggests
3. You can export from iMovie through a Canopus/Sony/Whatever
    Digital to Analog converter to a set-top DVD recorder.

-- Erica