[MacDV] Re: iMovie 3 and iDVD 3 Grumblings

Mike Swope mike at swopedesign.com
Thu Mar 13 04:43:42 PST 2003

You would expect audio to fade in with the clip, right? So would I.
Doesn't happen. This order: titling on black background, fade in, video
track that has been split and a small portion removed. The audio starts
when the movie starts, not when the clip it should be aligned to starts,
and there isn't any fade-in of the audio. The audio throughout the rest
of the movie is likewise out-of-sync by 4-6 seconds, as though the
entire audio track has slid to the start of the timeline, although it
isn't separated from the video track(s).

Is this clearer? All previews properly in iMovie, but upon export to DV
for iDVD 2, the audio behaves unexpectedly as described above.