BigScanner.com..not so Stupid Question?

Simon Briggs stagsimon at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 22 20:47:25 PST 2003

Subject: [MacDV] Stupid Question?
From: "BigScanner.com" <terry at bigscanner.com>
On Saturday, March 22, 2003, at 09:11  PM, Macintosh Digital Video List
wrote:

> What (low cost) equipment and software do I need to do this
> successfully
> with?

I would use my sony Digital camera as the bridge (if it were ntsc) many
cameras will do analogue to digital pass through or you could by an
analogue to digital converter, USB ones  are cheap like  less than $100
or a 2-400 dollar canopus/snchrotech/ads/formac stand alone unit see
some choices below...

http://www.canopus.com/US/products/advc-50/pt_advc-50.asp
http://www.synchrotech.com/product-1394/analog-dv-converter_03.html
http://www.adstech.com/products/API_550/specifications/
api550specs.asp?pid=API-550
http://www.formac.com/p_bin/?cid=solutions_converters_studiodvtv

Simon Briggs
G4/400 Sawtooth
OS10.2/Superdrive/CDRW/ 704Mb Ram

p.s i just ordered the synchrotech so I can do PAL conversions