Extracting from SVCD?

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun Mar 30 18:36:21 PST 2003

Hi all:

I was wondering if anyone has a method for "ripping" an SVCD. I have
just burned some music videos onto SVCD and now I'm wondering if I can
ever get them back off of there if I were to want to make a new
compilation at some point in the future.

The files on the SVCD disc are still MPEG-2, but they are substantially
different (and unplayable through Quicktime) to the MPEG-2 files I
mastered with, which play fine with QT Pro + MPEG-2 component.

I'd like to be able to delete the "source" MPEG-2 files after they are
burned to SVCD, but at present I'm stumped on how to extract them back
to "regular" MPEG-2.

Advice or URL pointers (bearing in mind that OS X solutions are
preferred) are appreciated.

_Chas_

"[Commercial] radio is absolutely the enemy of music. They  are my
sworn and mortal enemy, and I will have nothing to do with them." -
Elvis Costello, March 2003