Installing FCP3 upgrade on X boot system

Hans de Bijl hansdebijl at wanadoo.nl
Mon Mar 31 01:22:11 PST 2003

I just got a new Ti book and it only boots into X.  I can't load the
FCP3 upgrade because it wants to see the original 1.2.5 file, but I
can't load that because it doesn't install into classic.  Any
suggestions?

Hi Danny,

I posted this earlier and have the following solution..

Install your FCP 1.2.5 on a mac with OS9 (I did it on my work)
Put the folder with FCP and the preferences-file with you (On a HD or CD or iPod)

Drop the folder with FCP in the OS9 applications  folder of your new mac
Drop the pref-file in the preferences of OS9 systemfolder

Upgrade

That's it