[MacDV] Re: Where can I find..

Jim Heid jim at heidsite.com
Mon Mar 31 16:02:55 PST 2003

> Subject: [MacDV] Re: Where can I find..
> From: sb <videovideo at mac.com>
>
> I have all the top FCP books and my favorite book is Tom Wolsky's FCP3
> Editing Workshop. He's not only one of the top FCP gurus, but a full time
> teacher, and his technical editor was Ralph Fairweather, who was Apple's FCP
> Quality Assurance person and co-founder of the 2-Pop website, for the first
> edition.
> It is recommended by Jim Heid (on the Amazon.com website)

And I'll recommend it right here, too.

You left out another key point about Tom and his book -- he has many years
of professional filmmaking and television experience, and he's put that
knowledge into his book. Lots of books will teach you how to use an editing
program, but Tom's teaches you how to EDIT. Brilliant stuff.

(Disclaimer and trivia tidbit: Tom is a friend of mine and a neighbor here
on California's foggy Mendocino coast. He was the production consultant for
my digital hub/iLife DVDs and for all the training DVDs we do at Avondale
Media.)

- Jim

---
Jim Heid
Author/Host, "The Macintosh iLife" book/DVD
Off the presses! Order here for $20.99: http://snurl.com/x87
Editorial Director, Avondale Media
http://www.avondalemedia.com/