Audio cassettes

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat May 3 09:31:42 PDT 2003

> From: Norm Lamoureux <normdlamoureux at yahoo.com>
>
> Hello, I have hooked up a cassette deck to my PowerMac
> G4. The input signal shows that the sound  card is
> receiving signal but I do not get anything from the
> output. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'll save you the long technical explanation of why this is and instead
point you to LineIn from Rogue Amoeba.

http://rogueamoeba.com/freebies/

_Chas_

"That the PC world would doggedly stick to a dull, unimaginative,
clinical term like 'IEEE 1394' (notice how it just rolls off the tongue
- NOT) for the sole purpose of *saving a few pennies* over using an
imaginative, exciting, visually-stimulating term like 'FireWire' tells
you EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW about the PC world and that whole
industry-wide mindset." - Me, March 2003