$80 120Gb drive at circuit city

JuanM juanm at mac.com
Sun May 4 11:08:19 PDT 2003

After two rebates totalling $100, you can get a 120Gb western digital
internal drive for only $80. Make certain it is the 'special edition'
one with the 8mb of cache.

so if you are doing any digital video, time to buy one of these

http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/current/retailkits/
wd1200jbrtl.asp

http://www.circuitcity.com/
frame1.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1290719448.1052062203@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccejad
cifdhlmilcfngcfkmdffhdffl.0&upper=head.jsp&lower=frame2.jsp&left=leftchi
ldcat.jsp&right=searchresults.jsp&department=Peripherals+and+Accessories
&category=Disk+Drives+and+Memory&fv=20879&cattotal=40&first=yes&sort=Top
Sellers

you can also order the drive on line at http://www.circuitcity.com and
have it ready for pick up at the closest circuit city store.

As I previously mentioned, put these drives in a firewire enclosure.

check these out.

the dual case: http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=MAP-302F-01
(I have one of these)
Here is a link to an article on  my installation which I wrote for my
user group. There are a bunch of photos here too.
http://homepage.mac.com/juanm/Juan's_Reviews

OR

the more expensive single case:
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ME-320U2F
(this one also does USB 2.0 but who cares about that!)

good luck

Juan