iDVD3 information

Fabian Ius Fabian_Ius at edu.yorku.ca
Sun May 4 14:53:31 PDT 2003

Greetings,

I've been scouring the web for an informative discussion group for users of iDVD.  I've found Apple's website to be lacking an acceptable user group discussion list of its iLife product.

I am contemplating purchasing DVD Studio Pro, perhaps when version 2 is released, as well as FCE, but until then, I am very comfortable delving into iDVD3 (using iMovie2 and 3 for editing), even though it has its limitations.

I am currently using a 1.25 GHz PowerMac and have recently installed a Pioneer A05 drive as well as an extra 1 GB of RAM, for a total of 1.25 GB RAM.

But until I purchase DVDSP, iDVD3 will be my main disc-making tool.

What I am looking for are ways of expanding on iDVD's ability.  The Apple website has many Applescripts that I have downloaded which will allow for greater flexibility, but I am wondering if there is more "out there".

I have already downloaded the iDVD Companion application from Apple's website as well as other applescripts.

If someone knows of a "good" resource focusing on iDVD3 which offers "hacks" and/or "recipies" to better utilize the program as well as a discussion list, it would be greatly appreciated if you could direct me on that path.

thank you,
Fabian