[MacDV] Re: DVD-R longevity

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Fri May 9 19:23:30 PDT 2003

Actually I did, accidentally of course. I left my first DVD sitting on
a table by a window for a couple weeks. It wouldn't play in either
computer and only the motion menu played reliably in the consumer DVD
player.

I was told that sunlight is a good way to destroy the dye layer. I bet
light is harder on the dye than heat (just thinking about what sunlight
does to fabrics).

Shirley