[MacDV] Re: DVD MEDIA...

Peter Tattersall ptatters at zerobyzero.ca
Sat May 10 09:10:05 PDT 2003

On Saturday, May 10, 2003, at 11:18  AM, Jim Asherman wrote:

> On Saturday, May 10, 2003, at 11:17  AM, Matthew Guemple wrote:
>
>> I just tried burning with a Maxell DVD+R in my TiBook super drive...
>> no  luck. Is there some sort of "blue" disc issue?
>>

> I think you are supposed to use DVD-R  . DVD+R is for standalone
> recorders.
> Jim

it depends on the recorder. Panasonic is pushing DVD-RAM and DVD-R in
their standalones. In any case, DVD+R is incompatible with Macs, and my
understanding is that a lot of consumer players won't read them either.
I just grabbed a no-name DVD-R brand from my local liquidator and
haven't had a problem - tried a Pioneer, a Panasonic, and a Koss
player, all read the disc just fine.